X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gander Mountain?

Someone just pointed this out to me, from Bersa's website:

"Bersa firearms can also be serviced by Gander Mountain. Gander Mountain locations can be found atwww.gandermountain.com Please call Gander Mountain before sending or bringing your firearm in for repair. Gunsmiths are at limited Gander locations."

Anyone used them? I can just drive over there and drop it off, saving postage cost and time...
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Re: Gander Mountain?

GANDER MTN may or may not have a real gunsmith . He might be a sales person and part time gunsmith ( like me a kitchen gunsmith) They I would think do not stock parts to repair, Bersa's at their stores. So if they did know a fix .The more than likely won't have a part if needed and would need to order . The warrenty centers are real gunsmiths and keep a supply of parts . They have the knowledge to detail strip a Bersa and the required equipment to repair one. So do you want a sales person who might install a scope now and then trying to fix. Or a real gunsmith. Why would any one even walk into Gander Mtn. Home of way over priced guns . Let alone allow them to touch yours.. USE THE WARRENTY CENTERS. !!!!!
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Check out some of the other firearms forums to read the opinions about Ganders' gunsmiths. There may actually be some real 'smiths (maybe some very good ones) working there, but you won't know until you entrust them with your firearm. I only use gunsmiths who friends or other trusted shooters will give reference to. Working in a big box store doesn't mean all their people are qualified. Many watches have been screwed up by "battery changers" who could barely open the battery package, let alone the watch.
      In God we trust.
      Bersa Series 95 .380 1-Matte, 1-Nickel
      Firestorm FS22, Matte

Comment

Ask your LGS... they should know who the competent 'smiths in your area are. Mine advised against going to our nearest Gander Mountain based on his experiences and those of his regular customers. I'm sure some of them do have rock-star gunsmiths, but I would want to vet them before letting 'em tinker with one of my babies.
        3rd Degree Blackbelt in Klik Pao.
        "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to the do the job"

Comment

Gander Mountain overall SUX!
          Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

Just about what I thought. I wouldn't go there for anything else, why this.
            Certified Armed Infidel
            كافر

Comment

I think what gander does which is what my wife got for my Bushmaster is sell an additional warranty. For 2-3 years can't remember which, they will send it in for service. This saves you the shipping only on a Bersa since it is lifetime warranty. Other guns may be worth it, but with Bersa I see no need to spend money on warranty.

I am unsure if they have in house smiths or just local people they partner with.
              "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Comment

The GM in Peoria has a "gunsmith". I have seen people bring in their firearms for repair. Have no idea how good or bad they are. They also buy, repair, and sell used firearms.
                TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

The Gander Mountain in my area will send it in for service. They do not have a local gunsmith. They are the only ones in town that carry the Thunder .380CC so that's where I bought it. With the fail to feeds I'm having with my CC, I'm happy we bought the warranty service since we won't have to pay for shipping.
                  New to Bersa and love them:
                  I own:
                  Bersa Thunder .380,
                  Bersa Thunder .380CC,
                  Bersa Thunder .22lr

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                    GANDER MTN may or may not have a real gunsmith . He might be a sales person and part time gunsmith ( like me a kitchen gunsmith) They I would think do not stock parts to repair, Bersa's at their stores. So if they did know a fix .The more than likely won't have a part if needed and would need to order . The warrenty centers are real gunsmiths and keep a supply of parts . They have the knowledge to detail strip a Bersa and the required equipment to repair one. So do you want a sales person who might install a scope now and then trying to fix. Or a real gunsmith. Why would any one even walk into Gander Mtn. Home of way over priced guns . Let alone allow them to touch yours.. USE THE WARRENTY CENTERS. !!!!!
                    If Bersa is advertising that Gander Mountain can be used for warrenty repair than i should think that makes them a Bersa Warrenty Repair Center.

Comment

I know, for a fact, the local Dander has a certified gunsmith on hand. This is in Fargo, ND.

Also, when you purchase a new firearm from them; 29.99 for the service plan. Which adds an extra year to your existing warranty. This also includes ONE free servicing/cleaning.
                      “You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame; how could you rise anew if you have not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by shiftace View Post
                        I know, for a fact, the local Dander has a certified gunsmith on hand. This is in Fargo, ND.

Also, when you purchase a new firearm from them; 29.99 for the service plan. Which adds an extra year to your existing warranty....
                        I got to ask how do you add an extra year to a lifetime servise contract as all OO get with a BERSA?
                        sigpic

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

Comment

Originally posted by teecro View Post
                          I got to ask how do you add an extra year to a lifetime servise contract as all OO get with a BERSA?
                          No idea. I know it is an option. They told me about it, when I was thinking about buying a Savage rifle. I guess with the extra service, you do not have to mail it in, and worry about all those things. Take it to the local store, drop it off and let them fix it for you?
                          “You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame; how could you rise anew if you have not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by shiftace View Post
                            No idea. I know it is an option. They told me about it, when I was thinking about buying a Savage rifle. I guess with the extra service, you do not have to mail it in, and worry about all those things. Take it to the local store, drop it off and let them fix it for you?
                            I guess that could/would make sense....
                            sigpic

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

Comment

I have bought a couple of guns from GM including my wife's BT380. I used them for service once .... I took my nickel 45UC in for repair. The local "gunsmith" sent it in to "headquarters". They said it was a bent frame so Eagle Imports sent them a new gun to send to me. The lifetime service contract on Bersa's is really a great thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X