This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grip screw

Does anyone in the Cleveland area know where I could get a grip screw for my Thunder 380? the Bersa web site says that they are out of stock and the only one that I can find is on ebay for three times the price.

Re: Grip screw

Might call some of the warranty centers to see if they have some spares.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

mitch likely just gave you best shot
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Sorry to hear the wayward grip screw... Trouble with these is they are an odd ball metric screw too 3 mm x .60 pitch I think... Sorry my memory does not firmly recall as it's been a while since I fiddled around with installing some hex head capscrews on one of mine a while back.
        sigpic

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

Comment

I think it is an M4X0.70. After installing new grip screws, always check to see if the hammer will stay back in the full-cock position. If not, loosen both screws about a half turn and re-check. If the SA is again working, then then one or both screws are too long and impinging on the side of the SA sear. Shorten the screw a little at a time (there's only about 3 threads in the frame and you don't want to shorten the screw any more than needed) & recheck. As a final check, I color the end of the screw w/ a Sharpie, install, remove and check that there are no contact points on the end of the screw (shiny spots), then swap the screws from one side to the other and check again. That should guarantee they won't cause trouble if you inadvertently swap them during cleaning, etc.
          Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
          http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
          503-429-7342

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgang the gun doctor View Post
            I think it is an M4X0.70. After installing new grip screws, always check to see if the hammer will stay back in the full-cock position. If not, loosen both screws about a half turn and re-check. If the SA is again working, then then one or both screws are too long and impinging on the side of the SA sear. Shorten the screw a little at a time (there's only about 3 threads in the frame and you don't want to shorten the screw any more than needed) & recheck. As a final check, I color the end of the screw w/ a Sharpie, install, remove and check that there are no contact points on the end of the screw (shiny spots), then swap the screws from one side to the other and check again. That should guarantee they won't cause trouble if you inadvertently swap them during cleaning, etc.
            Awesome! I did not know that...thanks for the information.

Comment

Wolfgang's secret tip about checking grip fastener security has earned the thread a sticky. There's always some member who has a screw loose around here.
              Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Working...
              X