[IMG][/IMG]

The new one is on top. Huge difference

Comment

Re: Thunder 9HC Extraction/Ejection Problem: Final Chapter

Originally posted by smokinjoe6 View Post
      [IMG][/IMG]

The new one is on top. Huge difference
      Your picture says it all.

Suzanne at Eagle said the Argentinian Government requires that the s/n on the slide barrel and frame match. In the US only the s/n on the frame matters. So the s/n on the barrel would be different.
      "Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper".

Thomas Jefferson

Thunder 9 HC Duo-Tone

Comment

Originally posted by smokinjoe6 View Post
        Haha I didn't think I was complaining, I just thought it was weird that I got a barrel with a different S/N on it. I'll go tomorrow and see how it does.

I will post a pic in a few minutes
        I'm with you. You aren't complaining. The truth is somebody screwed up royally. I couldn't get my camera to take a good picture of it but your picture just did a huge service to every one on this forum.

I don't care how many rounds you have put through your HC9 or UC9 make sure your extractor looks like the new one in your picture.

Thank you.
        Last edited by Bob C; 04-22-2011, 09:08 PM.

Thomas Jefferson

Thunder 9 HC Duo-Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Bob C View Post
          Suzanne at Eagle said the Argentinian Government requires that the s/n on the slide barrel and frame match. In the US only the s/n on the frame matters. So the s/n on the barrel would be different.
          I am surprised the replacement barrel is serialized. It may well be used, maybe from a warranty replaced gun? If it works, I wouldn't care. The extractor appears to be the issue anyway.
          FWIW, my UC9 has the frame serial # and that's it, not on the barrel or slide.
          "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
            I am surprised the replacement barrel is serialized. It may well be used, maybe from a warranty replaced gun? If it works, I wouldn't care. The extractor appears to be the issue anyway.
            FWIW, my UC9 has the frame serial # and that's it, not on the barrel or slide.
            If the problem is the extractor why replace the barrel...or is that supposed to be faulty too?

Comment

Issuing a new barrel is probably standard practice with a extractor problem.

Nothing was mentioned by all three about a barrel issue on previous posts.
              “Big bullets let in a lot of air and let out a lot of blood.”
              -
              Elmer Keith

Comment

Originally posted by callandanswer View Post
                If the problem is the extractor why replace the barrel...or is that supposed to be faulty too?
                I wouldn't have. Bobc was convinced he needed one.

No, it isn't S.O.P. to replace the barrel with an extractor issue, Fly. You fix the extractor.
                "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by NCFlyfisher View Post
                  Issuing a new barrel is probably standard practice with a extractor problem.

Nothing was mentioned by all three about a barrel issue on previous posts.
                  I think I am the only one that mentioned both extraction and ejection problems. In fact my issues started with failures to eject with the slide not fully cycling. I've said from the beginning an extractor can't explain that malfunction. Since the barrel is easy to replace, unlike the 380, and the extractor is easy to replace I chose to play it safe and replace both. It seems to have worked for me. $13 total cost.

Unless Eagle or CGW or Reynersons jump in on this discussion we will never know the full story. I thought it was interesting that Eagle volunteered to replace both. It took no persuading on my part. That tells me they know something. As I said earlier kudos to them for great customer service.

There is another thread under this topic where it is pointed out that Reynersons said they have seen numerous barrel problems recently. Hopefully all of this will be beneficial to some.

I have seen other discussions on the Internet claiming that Bersa had QC problems in 2010, trying to keep up with demand. In some ways a victim of their own success. I think they did have problems in 2010 and that can happen to anyone. If in the end it was only a faulty extractor it just shows how a lousy $8 part can mess up an otherwise great pistol.

Thomas Jefferson

Thunder 9 HC Duo-Tone

Comment

I got to the range this morning and shot 100 rounds of walmart WWB, and 50 rounds of that cheapo tul ammo without a single problem. I used both barrels too. I'm positive that my problem was fixed by replacing the extractor. I am very happy with my UC now.

Comment

After seeing that pic that was posted showing the difference between the old extractor and new one it was clear the extractor had to be the issue. The old one didn't have so much of a claw as a rounded nub.

Comment

New claw not clear

I've tried to process the pic to see details of the new claw,
                        but it just turns to mush.
                        It appears that instead of holding the diameter of the rim under spring pressure,
                        the new claw might press against the throat.
                        But the actual claw surfaces are not clear enough to tell.

Mine is the short lip type, and it's without failure in all 200 rounds.
                        Its an early 2010 gun. I'll see what happens in the next 300.

Comment

Here's the extractor from my Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020476.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	595117
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020477.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	595118

Looks like its the 'old' design from smokinjoe6's post. I wish we have the 'new' claw available locally.

Comment

Working...
                          X