My new Bersa 22 is shot-out in 1500 rounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Bersa 22 is shot-out in 1500 rounds

I saw this same thing happen with a friend's Bersa forty. Yesterday I put about 1500 rounds thouh my brand new T22. It started keyholing very badley.

While cleaning the barrel in the field, I could barely get a rod down her. There were chunks of metal protruding from the side wall. I pushed them out and it left pits in the barrel. The last inch of the barrel is also rippled like its some kind of heat damage. and the rifling is very thin. This is its condition squeeky clean. It did not come like this from the factory as I inspected her upon reciept.

I'm dissappointed as heck.

On the plus side, I've put about 2000 rounds down the pipe in the last week or so and the action has never had a hicup. The only rounds that gave me a problem were quickshok cavity collapse on the feed ramp.

I guess they ain't what they used to be. Last Bersa for me.
    Last edited by LuckenBachTexas; 05-18-2011, 09:23 AM.
    "The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
    Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"

Re: My new Bersa 22 is shot-out in 1500 rounds

If you are the original owner, it has a lifetime service contract.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Just bought it brand new a week or so ago. I think you have to pay shipping right? If I have to put one dollar into it, I'll chunk it.

I've never run into a good product witha lifetime service contract.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
        If you are the original owner, it has a lifetime service contract.
        That is correct, mitchr. That is what the contract is for. My recommendation is to use it......
        There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

Comment

don't know bout the 22's.... 10k downrange in my 380cc and no problems.... could be you got a bad one...even the best turn out a lemon now and again... i would contact warranty myself...shipping is cheaper than a new gun and if its bad as you say they will probably just send you a new one
          Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

I'm sorry as he!! about it but don't believe that it could be from regular use. This is one I would have to see for myself. Didn't happen without pictures or independent verification. Steel just too hard, lead just too soft and without some type of physical abuse, I just don't believe it. Sorry
            W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
            NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Field strip it, box it up real good and then you can send it as parts for just a few bucks UPS ground to one of the approved gunsmiths.. For a few bucks shipping you will get it fixed.

Comment

I'll send you the money for shipping and you can send the piece of crap to me and I'll dispose of it for you.
                And by dispose I mean clean and put another 20k down it.
                "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

If you bought it new take it back to your dealer and have him send it to a warranty center (just not Gander Mntn). Your dealer can send it through the mail for about $10.00 because he has a FFL.

Bronson
                  Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

1500 rounds in one day, WoW.
                    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Hi LuckenBach Texas. Michael directed me to this thread. Your pistol has a lifetime service contract. Please either send it to one of our warranty centers to have it repaired, or if you just think it is the barrel, call our office and we will send you a new one. It is that simple. We sell thousands of these guns every year, and trust me, it sounds like you just happened to get one that needs to be repaired. Bersas are still of the highest quality and we will stand behind that. Let us make this right for you - we would be very happy to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckenBachTexas View Post
                        I've never run into a good product witha lifetime service contract.
                        Well, that speaks volumes, right there.

I wonder if you had a squib round. Is the barrel bulged?
                        I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Comment

Hmm.... 1500 rounds of what brand/brands of ammo? And...in a day?, how much time 3 - 4 hours?

just curious, jab
                          Long story short, jab is a male.
                          Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I get a kick out of folks that want to get off calling someone a liar. I've significant firearm experience including more different Bersas in Central and South America operations over the years than you'll ever own. I've spent a lifetime around weapons and over twenty years in the military.

No physical abuse, a little over a week old. No squib, no buldge.

Yes, 1500 rounds in about three hours. All CCI Blaser, Quickshok, Velocitor, stingers, and Vipers.

Then theres the guy who thinks he's the only one who can clean a weapon. Y'all kill me.

Thanks Michael for pointing Bersasales to the thread.

Bersasales, Do I have to pay shipping and gas to the post office? The barrel has suffered from some kind of heat stress. I'll probably PM you for more info if thats ok.

I just sold my CTC grips to my friend for his 380.
                            Last edited by LuckenBachTexas; 05-18-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

You can't ship post office unless your a dealer . If bought local let dealer send back . They said they will fix and you still not happy . Go to other board and talk with them Your a member their so contact them its Eagles board and they will work something out .
                              PM Bersasales over their.

1500 rounds in 3 hours is 8.3333333 rounds per min so ad in reloading mag or mags You were firing this as fast as you could pull trigger and reload How many mags did you have. Was some one loading for you .

Take PH Maddness up on his off. He will pays shipping to his dealer . you said you wouldn't spend a money to send for warranty.
                              Last edited by Michael T; 05-18-2011, 03:46 PM.
                              Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Working...
                              X